Should Sofa Be Placed Against The Wall or Somewhere Else For Good Feng Shui?
Why is it recommended to position the sofa against the wall?
The living room represents the male owner, so the sofa plays an important role in this space. Without a sturdy support, it symbolises that the male owner may have difficulties in getting support from benefactors.
In the lens of psychology, if you have your back leaning against a solid wall, you will feel more secure. You will not be distracted or startled by any noise or movement behind. Beside sofa, it is also advisable to have your work desk and bed headboard supported against a wall too.
How Does It Impact You?
1. The person sitting on the sofa may feel uneasy with his/her back facing the door.
2. The male owner may feel uncomfortable and seldom stays at home.
3. The male owner may not have nobleman assisting him and may face disagreements and disputes in his career.
How to Resolve Sofa Not Against The Wall?
1. The most optimal and straightforward resolution of course is to move the sofa to a position that allows it to be placed against the solid wall.
2. There might be a situation that your house layout does not permit for such movement, for example, space constraint. Alternatively, you can consider placing a divider behind the sofa. This can be served as a support for the sofa too.
Join Decode Your House Feng Shui Facebook Group
If you are keen to know more about Feng Shui, join this dedicated group to connect and learn together.
Connect with Us
Do drop us a message and we will get back to you within 1 working day.