Should Couch Be Placed Against The Wall or Somewhere Else For Good Feng Shui?
The living hall is where we gather and relax with our loved ones and friends. Thus it is crucial to have a well-designed layout that follows the Feng Shui rules to create a harmonious space with positivity.
The most prominent piece of furniture in the living room is the couch, so we must pay extra attention to its placement. Therefore, it is best to position the couch against the wall instead of floating elsewhere. What is the rationale behind this concept? Feng Shui or common sense?
Why Is It Advisable To Position The Couch Against Wall?
The living room represents the male owner, so the sofa plays an essential role in this space. Without sturdy support, the male owner may have difficulties getting support from benefactors.
In the lens of psychology, if you have your back leaning against a solid wall, you will feel more secure. You will not be distracted or startled by any noise or movement behind. Besides the sofa, it is also advisable to have your work desk and bed headboard supported against a wall.
How Does It Impact You?
1. The person sitting on the sofa may feel uneasy with their back facing the door.
2. The male owner may feel uncomfortable and seldom stays at home.
3. The male owner may not have a nobleman assisting him and may face disagreements and disputes in his career.
How to Resolve Sofa Not Against Wall?
1. The most optimal and straightforward resolution, of course, is to move the sofa to a position you can place against the solid wall.
2. There might be a situation where your house layout has limitations and does not permit such movement, for example, space constraints.
Alternatively, you can consider placing a divider behind the sofa. It can be served as a support for the couch too.
Join Decode Your House Feng Shui Facebook Group
If you are keen to know more about Feng Shui, join this dedicated group to connect and learn together.
Connect with Us
Do drop us a message and we will get back to you within 3 working days.